[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 28°F  
High: 32°F ~ Low: 18°F
Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016
<div style="background-color: #8b8680;"><a href="http://www.ikiloop.com/" title="shop">ikiloop</a></div>
Headlines
Sheriff's deputies seize drugs, arrest three (02/08/16)
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- A narcotics investigation led to the arrest of three Mississippi County residents. Julius Devar Parham, 37, and Terri Nicole Mayabb Brown, 36, of East Prairie, are each charged with the felony possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. Stephanie Lynn Thomas, 25, of East Prairie, is charged with felony possession of a controlled substance...
New I-55 interchange at Kelso, Scott City to be discussed Thursday (02/08/16)
scottw@standard-democrat.com SIKESTON -- MoDOT officials will be at Scott City's City Hall Thursday evening to discuss and gather input on the proposed Scott City Interchange project. The public hearing is being held for the new interchange that would be located east of Kelso and south of Scott City and improve connectivity and relieve traffic congestion, according to the Missouri Department of Transportation...
One on One: New mayor balances family life and politics (02/08/16)
Editor's Note: One-on-One is a series where reporters take the opportunity to speak with Southeast Missouri residents in-depth. If there is someone you would like the newspaper to go one-on-one with, email us at news@standard-democrat.com. PARMA, Mo. -- Running for mayor is tough. Being mayor is tougher...
Noranda files for bankruptcy (02/08/16)
MARSTON - Once the region's leading employer, Noranda Aluminum Holding Corporation has filed for bankruptcy. The company announced its decision today on its website to file voluntary petitions for a court-supervised restructuring process under Chapter 11 of the United States Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. ...
10 Things to Know for Today (02/08/16)
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today: 1. TRUMP AIMING FOR NEW HAMPSHIRE WIN Rival Republican candidates, including Jeb Bush, say their campaigns will go on no matter what the outcome Tuesday...
Eagle pride for Super Bowl Panthers (02/06/16)
The New Madrid County Central High School Eagles showed their pride in NMCC graduate Kony Ealy on Friday with a special pep rally prior to the 50th annual Super Bowl game. Ealy, a North Carolina Panther, will play in today's Super Bowl game and his hometown fans wanted him to know they were backing him...
The Last Word
Instagram

Tue.
Hi: 32
Lo: 18
Wed.
Hi: 32
Lo: 18
Thur.
Hi: 35
Lo: 22
Fri.
Hi: 41
Lo: 22
Sat.
Hi: 29
Lo: 15
Sun.
Hi: 33
Lo: 25
NMCC Elementary Shows Some Love for Kony Ealy
Browse Save-a-lot's sale ad for Sikeston, MO

Speakout

Vote ABC

Hillary Clinton is the epitome of a corrupt government official, a liar and a thief. She and Bill stole precious antiques including china, statues given by world leaders, infamous paintings and numerous other items too many to mention. Simply google what Bill and Hillary stole from the White House when they left in 2000. Hillary will say absolutely anything to get elected so that the Clinton Foundation can continue to support the millionaire lifestyle they are accustomed to. The actual amount of contributions given to those needy organizations is only 18 percent of the contributions collected. The remainder 82 percent of the contributions are for the expenses and administrative fees for jet-setting around the world in this millionaire status. Look for yourself - 82 percent administrative fees! Simply google Clinton Foundation F990. No more socialists in our White House! The Democrat Party has been highjacked by these socialists who are now in control and two of Obama's top advisors are Iranian including Hillary's advisor Huma Abedin. Why is Iran the new ally of the United States and why is Israel considered our enemy? No more of this political correctness nonsense and no more socialists in our White House! Vote for ABC (Anybody But Clinton) for president. If you are a hardcore Democrat whose party has been seized by these socialists, then I say to you simply hold your nose at the polling booth and do for once what is right. Vote these socialists out of our government and vote for any Republican to get this done and get this country back on the right track.

Read the fine print

If you haven't tried Consumer Cellular, you'd better read the fine print and make sure you are told the truth. We tried it, and it didn't work out for us.

To leave your own Speakout call 573-471-6636 or you can email the newsroom by clicking here: Email Speakout
Special Publications
Connect
Enter your email address to subscribe to our mailing list. If you are already a subscriber, you can change your preferences or unsubscribe from here:

Daily Circulation
Sunday
6,000
Monday
5,000
Wednesday 20,500
Thursday 5,000
Friday 5,000