Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP FAULTS MEDIA FOR SECOND AMENDMENT FLAP
The Republican presidential hopeful is blaming media bias and faulty interpretations for an uproar over comments about the Second Amendment, insisting he never advocated violence against Hillary Clinton.
2. 2 WORDS KEEP SICK SAMSUNG WORKERS FROM DATA: TRADE SECRETS
An AP investigation finds South Korean authorities have, at the company's request, withheld data about chemicals its factory workers were exposed to, citing competitive reasons.
3. WHAT WILL LIKELY FUEL DEBATE ABOUT CLOSING GITMO
A Pentagon report details the suspected militant backgrounds of more than 100 detainees at or recently released from the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay.
4. TRAGEDY STRIKES MATERNITY WARD IN BAGHDAD HOSPITAL
Iraq's Health Ministry says a fire likely caused by faulty electrical wiring killed 11 newborn babies.
5. FEDS SLAM POLICING IN BALTIMORE
City police officers routinely discriminate against blacks, repeatedly use excessive force and are not adequately held accountable for misconduct, the Justice Department says in a report.
6. PHILLY AMTRAK DERAILMENT SETTLEMENTS SILENCING CRASH VICTIMS
Lawyers say the railroad is implementing a strict confidentiality provision that prevents them and their clients from talking about how they're doing or how much money they've received.
7. CITY OF GOD FAVELA IN RIO FEELS FAR FROM NEARBY OLYMPICS
The slum made infamous in a film of the same name still struggles with the poverty and drug violence the world saw on the big screen.
8. ANOTHER GOLDEN NIGHT IN THE POOL FOR PHELPS
The most decorated athlete in Olympic history captures two more golds, the 20th and 21st of his record-breaking career -- and 12 more than his closest competitor.
9. AVOCADO LOVE, AT A COST
American affinity for the highly exportable fruit is fueling the deforestation of central Mexico's pine forests as farmers rapidly expand their orchards to feed demand.
10. 'RACIALLY INSENSITIVE' BOBBLEHEAD OF BIG PAPI PULLED
The Boston Red Sox canceled the promotion honoring David Ortiz when the figurine didn't much resemble the retiring slugger, team president Sam Kennedy says.