The Bulldogs swept through the doubles matches and lost only one singles match.
"I think we're getting big contributions out of the bottom of the varsity lineup," said Sikeston coach Brian James. "Anytime you can win your five and six and the No. 3 doubles, then that's pretty good."
Sikeston's Peter Jones dropped the only singles match, falling to Felipe Santos 5-8. In other singles matches, Marc Leible beat Drew Schuermann 8-4; Chris Robey beat Andy Clark 8-0; Kyle Weeks beat Ben Nunnery 8-5; Sam Zhao beat Aaron Aden 8-2; and Chris Matthews beat Brennan Norman 8-0.
In doubles, Jones and Robey beat Santos and Clark 9-7; Leible and Weeks beat Schuermann and Nunnery 8-4; and Zhao and Matthews beat Aden and Norman 8-5.
"I think Robey got back on track in singles," said James. "Matthews and Sam Zhao are a couple young guys that keep getting better and better. Peter had another good match. He had a slow start, but played well in the late stages of the match. He just met another good player today. I thought Leible really played well once he got going."
Sikeston's junior varsity winners were Grant Ingram and Logan Hampton in singles. The two also teamed up in doubles to win their match. Matt Strom and Craig Millington also won their doubles match.
Sikeston will host Cape Central today at 4 p.m.
CHARLESTON -- Charleston's tennis team recorded its second win over district rival Kennett with a 9-0 blanking on Monday. Charleston improved to 5-1 in dual competition.
1. Alex Peterson (C) def. Frank Carter, 8-0.
2. Blake Branum (C) def. Brandon Burcham, 8-1.
3. Lee Hess (C) def. Steven Rooney, 8-1.
4. Jake Garrard (C) def. Matt Collins, 8-2.
5. Drew Kemp (C) def. Tyler Carter, 8-4.
6. Josh Moxley (C) def. Dustin Harris, 8-0.
1. Branum/Hess (C) def. F. Carter/Burcham, 8-1.
2. Peterson Garrard (C) def. Rooney/T. Carter, 8-2.
3. Kemp/Moxley (C) def. Collins/Harris, 8-2.
Charleston JV singles winners
Steven Johnson, Bastian Wagner.