[Nameplate] Fair ~ 77°F  
High: 88°F ~ Low: 73°F
Wednesday, Aug. 24, 2016

Workman receives electrical shock

Friday, August 20, 2004

SIKESTON - A technician performing routine scheduled maintenance at the Montgomery Bank in Sikeston experienced an electrical shock Wednesday when he came into contact with a hot wire.

According to David Jones, a representative of the bank, the technician is under observation at Missouri Delta Medical Center. "An investigation is still under way," Jones said, "however it appears that the technician accidentally came in contact with a hot wire while servicing the bank's drive-through equipment." He said the contact with the wire and the technician's equipment caused current to enter his body.