DEXTER -- The Sikeston High School tennis concluded their regular season Tuesday afternoon with an 8-1 win over the Dexter Bearcats.
The win pushes the Bulldog record to 10-3 and marks the third time they have beaten Dexter this spring.
"We haven't played very well lately, but kind of picked it up a little bit today," said Sikeston coach Brian James. "For whatever reason, we play very well against Dexter. As inconsistent as we've been the past week, we got our consistency back some today."
The Bulldogs swept the doubles matches and then won five-of-six singles matches to cruise to the win.
"Our doubles is still a concern and we've got a little over a week to get those in shape," James said. "We're off until the district next Thursday so we've got some time to hopefully get on track and get focused. We've just got to figure out our best lineup for district play -- the one that gives us the best chance for individual and team success."
The district tournament will be held in Sikeston on May 13.
1. Peter Jones (S) def. Jake Smith, 8-4
2. Marc Leible (S) def. Derek Roberts, 8-6
3. Chris Robey (S) def. James Ford, 8-1
4. Kyle Weeks (S) lost to Ben Smith, 1-8
5. Sam Zhao (S) def. Gabe Smith, 8-0
6. Chris Matthews (S) def. Scott Admire, 8-6
1. Jones/Weeks (S) def. J. Smith/Roberts, 8-3
2. Leible/Robey (S) def. Ford/B. Smith, 8-6
3. Zhao/Matthews (S) def. G.Smith/Admire, 8-2.