"We're in the second week of it," said Steve Lee, superintendent of the Sikeston street division.
Leaf collection crews will work in District 2 and District 6 through Friday.
Collection in District 3 and District 7 will run Nov. 13-17; and in District 4 and in District 8 Nov. 20-22.
The second round of collection for District 1 and District 5 will be Nov. 27-
Dec. 1; Dec. 4-8 for District 2 and 6; Dec. 11-15 for District 3 and 7; and Dec. 18-21 for District 4 and 8.
All dates are subject to change due to inclement weather.
Residents are asked to place their leaves on the back of the curb, not in the gutter line, and no further than four feet in the yard. No limbs or trash should be mixed with the leaves.
District areas are:
* District 1: South of Malone Avenue and west of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks.
* District 2: East of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks, west of South Main, between Malone Avenue and Highway 60.
* District 3: East of South Main, west of South Ingram, between Malone Avenue and Highway 60.
* District 4: East of South Ingram to Marian and Ashley, between Malone Avenue and Highway 60.
* District 5 : North of Malone Avenue and west of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks.
* District 6: East of Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks to and including Kingshighway between Calvary Drive and Malone Avenue.
* District 7: East of North Kingshighway, west of North Main between Salcedo Road and Malone Avenue.
* District 8: East of North Main, and north of Malone Avenue.
Map of leaf collection districts are available at City Hall or at the city's Web site, www.sikeston.org. A collection schedule can also be found on the Web site. For more information on the leaf collection program, visit the Web site or call City Hall at 471-2174.