Reed rushed for 2,537 yards and scored 144 points for the 7-5 Tigers in leading his team to the Class 2 quarterfinals.
Reed, a 2,000-yard rusher as a junior, is also being considered for his second straight first team all-state selection.
Adam Cecil won the award in 2004, filling in for an injured Reed that season, while Jimmy Jackson, now at Mizzou, won the award in 2003.
Other award winners at the 61st annual Poplar Bluff Letter Club Gridiron Banquet included:
Outstanding Lineman Awards:
* North: Ben Wood, Jackson
* Central: Alex Watkins, Dexter
* South: Tony Jones, East Prairie and Ryan McGee, Malden
Conference Scoring Awards:
* North: Asa Wyatt, Poplar Bluff, 81 points
* Central: Reed, Caruthersville, 144 points
* South: Trey Porter, Malden, 98 points
Conference Coach of the Year:
* North: Brian Robbins, Poplar Bluff
* Central: Arlen Pixley, New Madrid
* South: Gary Blaylock, Malden and Charlie Vickery, Chaffee
* North: Poplar Bluff and Jackson (co-champions, 2-1)
* Central: New Madrid, 4-0
* South: Malden, 5-0
Some information and photo provided by Brian Rosener of the SEMO News Service.