[Nameplate] Fair ~ 70°F  
High: 89°F ~ Low: 73°F
Saturday, Aug. 27, 2016

Two killed in car accident

Sunday, July 10, 2005

Emergency workers survey the scene at a fatal accident.
EAST PRAIRIE - A Wyatt man and East Prairie woman were fatally injured in an accident Friday near East Prairie.

According to Missouri State Highway Patrol reports, the accident occurred at approximately 1:38 p.m. on Highway 80 three miles west of East Prairie when the southbound car driven by Cheryl Dickson, 27, of East Prairie drove into the path of the westbound van driven by Larry Fritz, 57, of East Prairie.

Deborah Mayabb, 45, of East Prairie, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Dennis Everett, 41, of Wyatt, was taken by Air Evac to St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau where he was pronounced dead at 2:47 p.m.

Both fatalities were passengers in the car driven by Dickson who was taken by ambulance to Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston for severe injuries.

Other passengers in Dickson's vehicle, all East Prairie residents, were:

* Antonina Bogan, an infant who was taken by Air Evac to Memphis Medical Center for severe injuries;

* four children who were taken to MDMC by ambulance, Elisa Orduna, 4, who was severely injured; Jeffery Dickson, 1, who received moderate injuries; Rubin Ramerez, 8, who received minor injuries; and Alejandro Orduna, 7, who received for minor injuries;

* and Susan Hill, 37, who received moderate injuries but refused medical treatment at the scene.

Fritz and his passengers, Erinn Hearn, 25, and Bradly Hearn, 4, of East Prairie, were all taken by ambulance to MDMC for moderate injuries.

A second accident Friday night claimed the life of a Parma man. According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, a vehicle driven by Timothy Rodgers, 37, of Parma, was traveling southbound on Route FF, one-and-a-half miles south of U.S. 60 when he ran off the left side of the roadway and struck a culvert at 10:20 p.m.

Rodgers was transported to Missouri Southern Healthcare Hospital in Dexter where he was pronounced dead at 11:16 p.m.