SIKESTON - Mayor Mike Marshall said Thursday was "a happy day and a sad day" for the City Council with the return of Sue Rogers and retirement of Phil Boyer.
"We appreciate your dedication to the city," Marshall said to Boyer during the reorganizational meeting Thursday to swear in Rogers and select some city board and commission members. "We got a lot done during your six years on the Council."
Council members then elected and swore in Jim Terrell as mayor pro tem before making the following appointments:
* Terrell, David Teachout and Jerry Pullen, Professional Consulting Committee;
* Rogers and Bill Stokes, Planning and Zoning Commission;
* Teachout, Board of Municipal Utilities;
* Rogers, Sikeston/Miner Tourism Commission;
* Teachout, DPS Advisory Board;
* Jay Lancaster, LCRA Commission to fill a position formerly held by Rogers;
* Dan Marshall, Rental Ordinance Review Board to fill position formerly held by Rogers;
* Scott Jenkins, Board of Appeals to fill position formerly held by Rogers;
* Larry Tetley, Sikeston Housing Authority Board to fill a position formerly held by the late Charles Myers. The term ends in September 2008.