KENNETT - The Sikeston boys and girls 8th grade track and field teams competed in the Kennett Invitational on Monday.
The boys team finished with 115 points to finish in second place while the girls team captured first place with 125 points.
Poplar Bluff's boys team took first with 134 points. Others were Malden (3rd, 70 points), Kennett (4th, 41 points), New Madrid County Central (5th, 20 points), Dexter (6th, 14 points) and Charleston (7th, 8 points).
Sikeston had five individual boys that had first place medals.
* Stephon Turner won the 100 meter hurdles in 15.4 seconds.
* Clay Lincoln won the 1600 meter run in 4:59.
* Trey Oetting won the discus with a toss of 116'5".
* Trey Dixon won the shot put with a toss of 37'8".
* Greg Hatchett won the long jump with a leap of 18'2".
On the girls side, Kennett took second with 73 points, Malden was third with 68 points, Hayti finished fourth with 54 points, Dexter was fifth with 51 points and Poplar Bluff took sixth with 50 points.
Sikeston's Paige Silverthorn was awarded the high points trophy for the female athlete the scored the most points. She scored 22.5 points.
Sikeston's girls had seven first place finishes including two relays events.
* Tracy Jackson won the 75 meter hurdles in 12.0.
* Robin Morris won the 100 meter dash in 13.5.
The 4 x 100 meter relay team of Whitney Turner, Allison Blurton, Morris and Silverthorn took first with a time of 55.29.
* Jelisa Robinson won the 200 meter dash in 28.9.
* Silverthorn won the long jump with a leap of 14'4 1/2".
* Silverthorn won the pole vault with a height of 8'0".
* The 4 x 200 meter relay team of Turner, Jackson, Morris and Robinson took first place with a time of 1:55.
Sikeston's junior high will be back in action on Saturday in the 30-team Jackson Invitational.