* One person can save the lives of up to seven people by donating the following organs after death: heart, liver, lungs, kidneys, pancreas and small intestine.
* One person can improve the lives of 40 to 50 people by donating after death skin, eyes, bone and soft tissue, heart valves, veins and arteries.
* All major Western religions support eye, tissue and organ donation.
* An open casket funeral is possible for organ and tissue donors.
* MTS has just made a living donor list available through their office in St. Louis. For more information, visit the MTS Web Site.
* Living donors can provide blood, bone marrow, a kidney, a piece of the liver or a segment of the lung.
Source: Mid-America Transplant Services
To learn more about organ donations, visit Mid-America Transplant Services Web site at www.mts-stl.org or the United Network for Organ Sharing at www.unos.org. Breita Church is also available for public speaking and can be reached at (573) 332-0070.