[Nameplate] A Few Clouds ~ 80°F  
High: 87°F ~ Low: 67°F
Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014

Dexter men electrocuted in residential accident

Sunday, May 23, 2004

DEXTER - Two men lost their lives in an accident inside a Dexter home.

The Dexter Police Department, Stoddard County Emergency Medical Service and the Dexter Fire Department responded to an emergency call Friday at 506 W. Bain St. in Dexter. A man had called 911 and told the dispatcher that he had a contractor in his attic and that he believed the contractor had touched a "hot" wire.

Upon arrival by emergency personnel, Billy W. Walpole, 31, of Dexter and Hubert Dale Hudgens Jr., 28, were found unresponsive in the attic.

According to reports from the Dexter Police Department, it appears that Hudgens was the contractor who was initially in the attic and that after Walpole called 911, he attempted to remove Hudgens from the "hot" wire and was electrocuted as well.

Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home of Bloomfield is in charge of arrangements for both victims. Obituary information can be found on page 5.