BENTON - After their first summer of working four 10-hour days, the Scott County Highway Department will be back to working five 8-hour day shifts.
Road and Bridge Department Supervisor Harlan Duncan said during the regular county commission meeting Tuesday that the department's regular hours will resume Monday as daylight hours are growing shorter.
"It worked out real well," said Duncan of the summer hours.
In other county business:
* Advertisements soliciting bids to replace the roof on the Emergency 911 Center will be placed by county officials.
The bids are to include the cost of removing the old shingles as well as the new asphalt shingle roof.
* Commissioners are looking at getting new plat books for the county as well as some new road maps. "We're out of them, too," said Presiding Commissioner Martin Priggel.
The last plat books were printed for the county in 1999, and the last batch of road maps were printed roughly four years ago.
The old maps included advertising and were provided to the county and distributed by the county for free.
* Scott County Economic Developer Jim Schwaninger said the county has submitted the application to register its logo with the Library of Congress.
The cost was $35. The trademark fee would have run $350, Schwaninger said.
* A preliminary "fact finding" meeting for a county rural water district is scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday.
Officials are also looking at gathering several funding sources toward a countywide economic development project such as a rural water district, according to Schwaninger.
* A meeting for judges, prosecutors and other officials to determine policies, procedures and placement for the county's video arraignment system is at 8:30 a.m. Friday.
Schwaninger said they are also looking at recording directly to DVD instead of VCR. "The storage would be so much easier," he said.
* County Treasurer Glenda Enderle reported receiving another $87,000 from the Department of Corrections, according to Priggel.
The DOC had let most of the year elapse before sending any reimbursement payments.
* The final application for Delta Regional Authority funding will be sent before the end of the week, Schwaninger reported.
* Commissioners noted the grand opening of Minor's Harley Davidson in Scott City is set for noon Saturday.