Crews are collecting leaves in District 3, District 4, District 7 and District 8 through today.
Leaf collection began Nov. 12 but those who missed their first collection in Districts 1, 2, 5 and 6 still have another chance.
The next collection in District 1 and District 5 is scheduled to run Nov. 26-30; in District 2 and District 6 Dec. 3-7; in District 3 and District 7 Dec. 10-14; and in District 4 and District 8 Dec. 17-21.
"So far we're pretty much staying on schedule," said Brian Dial, street division supervisor for the public works department. All dates are subject to change due to inclement weather, however.
Residents are asked to place their leaves on the back of the curb, not in the gutter line, and no further than four feet in the yard. No limbs or trash should be mixed with the leaves.
District areas are:
* District 1: South of Malone Avenue and west of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks.
* District 2: East of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks, west of South Main, between Malone Ave. and Highway 60.
* District 3: East of South Main, west of South Ingram, between Malone Ave. and Highway 60.
* District 4: East of South Ingram to Marian and Ashley, between Malone Ave. and Highway 60.
* District 5 : North of Malone Ave. and west of the Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks.
* District 6: East of Burlington-Northern Railroad tracks to and including Kingshighway between Calvary Drive and Malone Ave.
* District 7: East of North Kingshighway, west of North Main between Salcedo Road and Malone Ave.
* District 8: East of North Main, and north of Malone Ave.
Maps showing leaf collection districts are available at City Hall or at the city's Web site, www.sikeston.org. A collection schedule can also be found on the Web site. For more information visit the Web site or call City Hall at 471-2174.