No. 1 singles player Jenni DeWitt, Sikeston's lone winner, kept her unbeaten streak alive with her 10th straight. The sophomore DeWitt defeated Suzanne Carter, 8-2.
The Bulldogs' No. 3 Danielle Ahlfield lost a competitive singles match, 5-8, to Katelyn Gerry.
Sikeston's junior varsity lost its match, 0-4.
Sikeston (3-7) hosts Charleston on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
1. Jenni Dewitt (S) def. Suzanne Carter, 8-2.
2. Katie Potts (K) def. Tess Marshall, 8-2.
3. Katelyn Geary (K) def. Danielle Ahlfield, 8-5.
4. Christine Dewrock (K) def. Emily Bowman, 8-2.
5. Brook Burcham (K) def. Brittney Bohannon, 8-4.
6. Susan Shetley (K) def. Ellie Hensley, 8-3.
1. Carter/Potts (K) def. DeWitt/Marshall, 8-4.
2. Dewrock/Geary (K) def. Bowman/Bohannon, 8-5.
3. Burcham/Shetley (K) def. Ahlfield/Hensley, 8-3.
Junior varsity results
1. Hanna Lack (K) def. Brittney Bard, 6-0.
2. Lindsey Pruett (K) def. Megan Underhill, 6-3.
3. Brittany Hill (K) def. Taylor Allen, 6-2.
1. Anna Beth White/Samantha Geary (K) def. Bard/Allen, 6-2.
The East Prairie softball team enjoyed two victories this week. The Lady Eagles defeated Twin Rivers 7-0 on Monday and blanked Naylor 10-0 on Tuesday.
Lydia Thomure was the winning pitcher in both games. She threw a four-
hitter against Twin Rivers and a one-hitter against Naylor.
Jade Marcum went 2-4 with an RBI and Megan Britt had two RBIs against Twin Rivers.
On Tuesday, Thomure was 2-4 with three RBIs. Britt went 2-3 and Talia Thurman had two RBIs.
STEELE - The New Madrid County Central Lady Eagles volleyball team traveled south on Interstate 55 Thursday and battled the South Pemiscot Lady Bulldogs.
Coach Diane Fowler of the Lady Eagles said that her team's consistent play contributed to a two-set victory over the Lady Bulldogs by scores of 25-14 and 25-15.
"We played well in the two games," said coach Fowler. "Didn't give away points and the girls are improving and the most important thing is that they are having fun."
NMCC had excellent serving games from Andrea Williamson and Allison Fowler. Williamson had nine points on her serve and Fowler served for seven points.
At the point of attack, Lameka Newsom had eight kills for the Lady Eagles and Williamson compiled seven kills. Amelia Porter had a good night at the net as she had six kills on the evening.
Coach Fowler was pleased with her setters as they put the volleyball in good positions for her hitters.
"Misty Campbell and Ashley Yates were critical players for us today and I am pleased with their efforts," said coach Fowler.
In junior varsity action, New Madrid County Central (4-5) defeated South Pemiscot in two sets, 25-8 and 25-23.
Lindsey Fowler scored 12 points on serve for NMCC and Whitney Tanner chipped in with eight points on serve. Kristin Tollison rounded out the scoring on serve with five points.
The Lady Eagles (8-7-1) will be in action next Tuesday as they will entertain the Dexter Lady Bearcats at 6 p.m.