Spring Golf Tip:
By Bootheel pro Jeff Ketterman
Slow is fine for your backswing, not your round!
1. Be ready to hit when it's your turn.
2. Select your club while approaching your ball.
3. Limit practice swings to one.
4. Leave your cart or bag towards the next tee when approaching the green.
5. Watch others drive so you can help locate their ball.
6. Putt out on short putts rather than marking and waiting.
7. Take a maximum of double the par on any hole.
8. Play ready golf, if it's safe to hit swing away!
Swing thoughts: Turn not lift
(Putting drills) CD to check eyes over putt
Clock drill short putts 6-12 3-9
Golf is played in these time quadrants
Practice time spent
1/4 woods and irons (Tees and fairways)
3/4 short game and putts (75 yards and in). Fringe and greens