Scott County Central
* Record: 17-2
* Coach: Kenyon Wright (17-2 in first season at Scott Central)
* Probable starters: Bobby Hatchett, 5-11, sr.; Bryan Freed, 5-9, jr.; Otto Porter, 6-8, jr.; Trey Johnson, 6-0, jr.; Calvin Porter, 6-3, jr.
* Off the bench: LaMarcus Steward, 5-8, so.; Dominique Porter, 5-10, so.; John Rhoden 6-0, sr.
* Strengths: Scott Central relies heavily on the post play of Otto Porter and the quick strike ability of guard Bobby Hatchett. Their pressure defense is also responsible for many easy baskets off of turnovers.
* Weaknesses: The Braves are not a deep team as six players will receive a bulk of the minutes and depend on Porter and Hatchett to deliver most of their scoring.
* Common opponents: Notre Dame (Sikeston lost 66-61, SCC lost 71-62); New Madrid County Central (Sikeston won 71-43, SCC won 75-69); Charleston (Sikeston won 87-58, SCC won 79-67 and 85-67)