[Nameplate] Fog/Mist ~ 56°F  
High: 81°F ~ Low: 54°F
Sunday, Oct. 26, 2014

Gas line cut, catches fire

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

(Photo)
A gas line was ruptured at a house in the 600 block of Lanning Street, near Murray Lane, at about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday. The gas was ignited by a nearby trash fire causing a fire ball that reached some 15-feet in the air, officials said. Jill Bock, Staff
SIKESTON - A backhoe operator severed a natural gas line creating what Sikeston Department of Public Safety officials described as an "extremely dangerous" situation Tuesday afternoon.

At approximately 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, Sikeston DPS received a call of a natural gas fire at a vacant home at 630 Lanning St.

For more pictures and stories from the Standard Democrat, click here to log on to the electronic edition.