[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 35°F  
High: 44°F ~ Low: 32°F
Friday, Dec. 19, 2014

Winter increases chance of carbon monoxide poisoning

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Officials urging residents to make sure systems are running properly

leonnah@standard-democrat.com

SIKESTON -- Homeowners are firing up heating units to keep warm this winter, but they need to ensure the systems are running properly to lower the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.

"Typically, we do see more carbon monoxide poisoning scares during the winter time," said Sgt. Jim McMillen, public information officer for Sikeston Department of Public Safety.

For the complete article and more stories from the Standard Democrat, click here to log on to the electronic edition.