JACKSON -- The Sikeston Bulldogs golf team finished in fifth place Monday during the Jackson Invitational at Kimbeland Country Club.
Evan Deere finished tied for sixth with a score of 78. Kirk Hoggatt and Gabe Wheeler, who each carded an 80, tied for 13th.
Ben Murray scored an 85 and Connor Landers ended up with an 87.
"Southeast Missouri is filled with a bunch of good golfers and good golf teams," Sikeston head coach Andy McGill said. "Being just three strokes away from finishing in the top three says a lot about how much we've improved.
"Our top three golfers are staying consistent, which is great. We'd still like to get a fourth to step up so we could be able to compete a bit more."
Dexter finished eighth with a team score of 362.
Cody Stevens led the Bearcats with a 75, which placed him tied for fourth amongst the field.
Miles Urhahn scored a 95, Ryan Joyner and Drake Mitchell each carded 98's while Brandon Stricker had a 104.
New Madrid County Central took 11th with a team score of 390 while Trey Recker led the Eagles with a 97.
Nick Machirian added a 98, Logan Cagle and Mike Fountain had 101 and 104 respectively. Drew Collier finished with a 110.
Poplar Bluff won the team championship with a 306. Cape Central's Travis Simmons was the day's medalist with an even-par score of 70.
Team -- Poplar Bluff 306, Notre Dame 313, Jackson 319, Fort Zumwalt South 319, Sikeston 323, Central 332, Jackson (Red) 339, Dexter 362, Ste. Genevieve 374, Bloomfield 386, New Madrid County Central 390, Park Hills 433.
MALDEN -- The Kelly Hawks golf team won the Malden Invitational Monday at Malden Municipal Golf Course.
The Hawks posted a team score of 192.
Derrick Garner and Josh Roberts led Kelly with scores of 46. Jacob Buell and Jacob Riley finished with 50's while Nathan Haney carded a 63.
Kennett finished second with a 202. Malden carded a team score of 216.
POPLAR BLUFF -- Josh Bill and Brandon Goodwin led the Sikeston Bulldogs tennis team Monday although the Bulldogs lost 7-2 to Poplar Bluff.
"Our number one and two played well today, both winning their singles and losing a close doubles match," Sikeston head coach Russ Dial said.
Bill defeated Poplar Bluff's Cody Hillis 9-7, while Goodwin upended Devin Allison 8-6.
Sikeston travels to Cape Central today to take on the Tigers.
1. Josh Bill (S) def. Cody Hillis (PB), 9-7
2. Brandon Goodwin (S) def. Devin Allison (PB), 8-6
3. Dylan Page (PB) def. Jimmy Hines (S), 8-3
4. Paramveev Hundal (PB) def. J.T. Dilbeck (S), 8-6
5. Jimmy Parison (PB) def. Layton Jones (S), 8-6
6. Collin Gallett (PB) def. Wade Gadberry (S), 8-3
1. Hillis/Allison (PB) def. Bill/Goodwin (S), 8-6
2. Page/Hundal (PB) def. Hines/Dilbeck (S), 8-1
3. Parison/Gallett (PB) def. Jones/Gadberry (S), 8-3
1. Chris Stocks (PB) def. Christian Rehder (S), 6-4
2. Igbal Hag (PB) def. Alex Hahn (S), 6-0
3. Brad Coleman (PB) def. Adam Smith (S), 6-3
4. Parker Smith (PB) def. Luis Guevarra (S), 6-1
1. Coleman/Smith (PB) def. Rehder/Hahn (S), 6-4
2. Hag/Stroud (PB) def. Smith/Guevarra (S), 6-0
3. Murkay/Keel (PB) def. Rehder/Smith (S), 6-2
ORAN -- The Oran Eagles improved to 9-2 on the season with a 10-0 win over Delta on Monday.
Oran jumped on the Bobcats with seven runs in the bottom of the first and never looked back.
Seth Ressel had three hits including a double and triple and two RBI to lead the 10-hit Oran attack. Blake Carlyle and Jacob Priggel had two hits apiece with Carlyle driving in two runs and Priggel three.
Ressel earned the win on the mound for Oran, striking out three in three innings.
Delta 000 00 -- 0 4 8
Oran 720 01 -- 10 10 0
WP -- Seth Ressel. LP -- D. Naramore. Multiple hits -- (O) Ressel 3-4, Blake Carlyle 2-4, Jacob Priggel 2-3. 2B -- (O) Ressel, Kody Moore, Carlyle. 3B -- (O) Ressel, Alex Heuring.