BENTON - The Scott County Sheriff's Office will participate in the American Medicine Chest Challenge from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
The initiative will challenge Scott County residents to take the five-step American Medicine Chest Challenge:
1) Take inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medicine;
2) Secure the medicine chest;
3) Dispose of unused, unwanted and expired medicine in the home at an American Medicine Chest Challenge Disposal site;
4) Take medicine(s) exactly as prescribe; and
5) Talk to children about the dangers of prescription drug abuse.
Scott County residents can bring unused, unwanted and expired medicines to the Sheriff's office, 131 S. New Madrid St. in Benton.